Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it about the money?

It is, and it isn't. At least for me. I'll explain.

I'm not a professional poker player. My bankroll is not how I make my living. I have financial, planning, law practice, and a wealthy wife for all I need. But, I do play to win.

In the game we all love, money is how we keep score. Am I upset all week If I had a losing session? You bet! (pun intended) Do I think of how I could have played better until the next session? Count on it.

Am I excited if I banked a big win? You know it. There is nothing better then cashing in a big win! Well, maybe felting your "friend" and getting to brag about it is better. But not by much.

I play to have fun. I have fun by winning, and joking and teasing my friends. The only way to win when plaing poker is to end up with more chips and thus more money then you started with.

So is it about the money? No. I'm not going to spend it. I just keep growing my bankroll. Does it matter to me that I have more in my bankroll then last year not really. But am I happy that I win more then I lose? Absolutely! If I lost more, I would not enjoy playing. Because I like to win.

So is it about the money? No. Its about winning.

1 comment:

  1. The only way you could grow your bankroll, sir, is by slathering it with 'Chia' paste, putting it on the windowsill, and watering it...

    ReplyDelete